Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)

Author Topic: Ralph Breaks the Internet (2018)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 12-09-2018 08:48 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Megaplex at Jordan Commons, Sandy, UT
AUDITORIUM: 14
PRESENTATION: Megaplex Luxury Recline-o-Vision with butt warmers and Dolby Digital Cinema DLP
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

These are the best recliners yet. They have separate controls for the back and the leg parts and a single center button to unrecline everything at the end of the show. The recline angle is more than sufficient and the butt warner doesn't burn you. It's just enough heat.

THE PLOT: Vanellope's game is down. Wackiness ensues.

Remember the first movie, Wreck-It Ralph? Wouldn't it make more sense for the sequel to be called Ralph Wrecks the Internet? WELL WOULDN'T IT? HOW FREAKING HARD WOULD THAT HAVE BEEN.

I suppose it doesn't really matter since, like the first movie, it's really all about Vanellope. Her game is broken and the repair isn't worth the cost to the arcade operator. So Ralph and Vanellipe venture literally into the Internet to buy the part themselves and have it shipped to the arcade.

Still, I found this a far more entertaining watch than the first one. The depiction of pop-up ads and clickview sites as street panhandlers is dead on. There are cameos galore from the Disney, Marvel, and Star Wars universes, but the scene that really elevates the movie is the Disney princesses scene. That alone is worth the price of admission.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-10-2018 10:12 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The princess scene (or part of it, at least) was in the trailer, which I thought was a major mistake.

Thanks to Disney Corporate Greed®, they're still insisting on two-weeks for this so we won't get to shoehorn it into the schedule until after Christmas, but that's the way it goes. We can always use a good animated flick in January anyway.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: