Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Venom (2018)

Author Topic: Venom (2018)
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-06-2018 11:04 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well this is a contender for the noisiest movie of the fall season, I'll give it that.

It also has the most ridiculous credits sequence in superhero-movie history.

It has the "featured" credits - about 3 minutes
Then a mid-credits scene - about 1:40
Then the crawl credits - another 12:00
Then a 3-minute excerpt (not really a trailer) for the upcoming animated Spiderman movie (3 minutes)
Followed by some more credits for about half a minute.

All adding up to TWENTY MINUTES of credits + bullshit. It's as bad as that Glen Campbell classic, "Rock A Doodle," which also had insanely-long credits.

Oh, the movie? Eh. It's a "dark" Marvel flick, which is about all you need to know, or at least that's all I need to know.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 10-07-2018 09:26 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sat and watched this movie again today with my wife and a group of friends. I have to admit I enjoyed it more the second time. It's still never going to make my "buy the blu-ray" list but I thought it was above average for a Marvel flick -- probably because it has a small cast and you don't have to have seen 7 other movies to follow it.

I'll give it 2.5 out of four stars. Might have been 3 except that credit sequence is incredibly annoying.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2018 07:47 AM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I miss movies up to and including the 70's for using Opening Credits + "The End".

I also miss film in this case, for obvious reasons. Those credits are ridiculous.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 10-26-2018 08:24 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Warren East 20, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 17
PRESENTATION: Regal Roller Coaster Vision in a standard stadium seating auditorium
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: A corrupt pharmaceutical company...oh, wait, they're all corrupt. Wackiness ensues.

I was pleasantly surprised by this. It was way more fun than I had been led to believe. Not quite on the level of "Ant-Man" but kind of in that direction. And it didn't overstay its welcome.

I didn't have an issue with the credits because I got up and left when they started. YOU CAN DO THAT, you know. You can TOTALLY DO THAT.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: