Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Predator (2018)

Author Topic: The Predator (2018)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 09-22-2018 09:01 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Warren East, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 3, SEAT: C6
PRESENTATION: Warren 21 Recline-o-Vision with Bun Warmers and Regal Roller Coaster Vision (2K)
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: I really should have gotten popcorn
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: A sniper assignment gets interrupted by a crashing ship from OUTER SPAAACE! Wackiness ensues.

This is apparently somehow related to the other Predator movies (Predator, Predator 2, Alien vs Predator, Predators, Predator: Requiem, Harry Potter and the Predator of Azkaban, When Predator Met Sally, A Predator on Elm St, Bacon Cheddar Whatapredator, etc.) I've never seen any of them. Didn't seem to matter. Seemed to stand on its own just fine.

This is a mix of comedy and action that's just about perfect. The dialogue and the character interaction really makes this work. It's really well paced and doesn't overstay its welcome.

Definitely get popcorn, though. This movie requires it.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-04-2018 10:57 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
personally I thought this was the dumbest movie of the franchise. This had an all out bonkers premise but ultimately ended up in an exercise in 'bad filmmaking 101'. This movie didn't need to be humorous, and when it attempted to be, it felt hamfisted and extremely out of place. I will give it credit for having a decent cast of actors, but the script they were given is shoddy as hell. Half way through the movie, the editing looks like it was done with a chainsaw. Fox took a great sci-fi movie and with each movie got progressively worse. Simply pathetic, I think with this underperforming at the box office, I hope we don't get the planned sequels to this dumpster fire.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: