Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Incredibles 2 (2018)

Author Topic: Incredibles 2 (2018)
Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 06-14-2018 10:46 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen this yet but will post more of a review when I do. For now I just want to register my disappointment with Pixar totally abandoning the idea of cool "inserts" with their prints (trading cards, custom projectionist-tips sheet, letter from the director on titled stationery, and so on). This time we did get the letter from the director, but just on plain paper stapled to the back of the standard Technicolor insert.

I suppose they figured nobody was reading that stuff anyway. Still, it was a nice li'l perk.

The movie looks good, what I've seen so far and the audience was smiling on the way out. So that's a plus.

|  IP: Logged

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 06-17-2018 12:32 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Warren East, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 14, SEAT G7
PRESENTATION: Warren GRAND slope auditorium with Regal Roller Coaster Vision
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

Prior to the MOST DISTURBING FUCKING SHORT IN PIXAR HISTORY is an apology clip from Brad Bird and the lead cast for taking fourteen years to get to the sequel. The audience applauded.

THE PLOT: An eccentric wants to make superheroes legal again. Wackiness ensues.

This is exactly the sequel everyone wants. It's familiar without being a rehash, it's got that whole modern atomic age look you want from Bird, it's seriously funny at times (if Jack Jack is on the screen, you're probably laughing), the action sequences are good, and the story is solid. I picked the villain pretty early on, but that's about as big a complaint as I got.

Should do a solid repeat business.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2018 08:52 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
this was a ton of fun, and even seeing it at the Uptown theater with a pretty full crowd on Father's Day - the emotion and response was pretty positive and electric. I loved the 5.1 sound mix as in one scene it threw Jack-Jack's voice all around you.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: