Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Super Troopers 2

Author Topic: Super Troopers 2
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 05-25-2018 05:08 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There's a current thread about the "worst movie you've ever seen"; this one could be on that list somewhere too.

I hadn't planned to play this originally because the trailer just looked too stupid and I can't imagine anyone wanting to watch it. But to my surprise I had lots of people asking me when it's coming. After saying, "It's not coming" several times, I finally woke up and smelled the coffee and got a booking for it.

Hopefully some of the large number of people that asked about it before will now come and watch it.

So... is this this an American's view of Canada? What a preposterous movie. Apparently we all talk with a silly French accent, drink Moosehead beer and spend all of our evenings watching Hockey Night in Canada on tv (where all of the teams have some variation of the word bear in their names).

Around here the most common beer brands are Labatts, Old Style Pilsner and Budweiser (probably in about that order). Hockey Night in Canada... well, I'll give you that I suppose since a lot of folks really are hockey-mad (though I'm not one of them).

The RCMP drive Crown Vics with a blue and white colour scheme that hasn't been used in 25 years and always wear their formal dress uniforms, and sometimes ride horses beside the highway with a hand-held battery-operated red flashing light to pull vehicles over?

I understand that they're going for a joke here but a lot of this stuff crosses over past funny and moves into just plain stupid.

Some of the movie is actually funny -- the scene where the police have the kids on ropes like long leashes and are running them through the forest like a group of bloodhounds is indeed both really funny and very clever.

Overall, though, it ain't up to much.

|  IP: Logged

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2018 01:58 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The first movie was hilarious.

Dave Bird
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2018 03:00 PM      Profile for Dave Bird   Author's Homepage   Email Dave Bird   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We played it as a bonus to Deadpool for a week. And it is stupid, but if you've spent any time in Eastern Ontario, Southern Quebec or Vermont, the way they make fun of people from ALL 3 is pretty hilarious.

The thing about "hick" is everywhere has their version of it, and I love seeing Canada cut-up like this, most of us are too damned uptight. For that matter anywhere, even the biggest cities have their version of "local" and it's all fair game to me.

Alexandre Pereira
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-05-2018 03:30 PM      Profile for Alexandre Pereira   Author's Homepage   Email Alexandre Pereira   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I keep getting calls for Super Troopers 2 - the crowd really likes the film - playing it next week too. Perfect Drive-In movie.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2018 08:33 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a sequel some 17 years late, and no one asked for ... Fox's priorities are questionable.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: