Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Lady Bird (2017)

Author Topic: Lady Bird (2017)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 11-26-2017 06:05 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Village Square, Las Vegas, NV
AUDITORIUM: 13
PRESENTATION: Act III Stadium Riser seating with Regal Roller Coaster Vision
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Three and one half stars (out of four)

Ah the good old days when you could walk up to the box office, buy a ticket with no service fee, walk into the auditorium, and choose whatever open seat you wanted. Except I didn't. I bought my ticket on the Regal app. In the parking lot. Not 150 feet from the box office.

The last time I was here, Regal had replaced the old Act III seats with some old repurposed Regal seats that seriously sucked. But not so in this auditorium. Hooray!

THE PLOT: Sacramento sucks. Wackiness ensues.

This is a GREAT high school dark comedy with a TON of scenes shot rapid fire with not a piece of dialogue wasted. Visuals are just as effectively used to tell the story.

There were times where this movie reminded me of Napoleon Dynamite, times where it reminded me of Silver Linings Playbook, and times where it reminded me of any Hal Hartley feature. I was at four stars on this until the wishy-washy end, but that doesn't stop this from being my favorite movie of the year so far.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2017 03:55 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it has a great script and with the cast, it's uniqueness brings out it's charm.

Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-28-2017 09:16 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I saw it today at Alamo Drafthouse. GREAT MOVIE!

Terry Monohan
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-29-2017 08:44 AM      Profile for Terry Monohan   Email Terry Monohan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I hear in the background of 'Lady Bird' they show the old Fox West Coast 'Crest' Theatre downtown Sacramento along with the 'Tower' Theatre. When I see this film later this week I will have to look for these two scenes in the movie.Hope they showed the great neon. Do you guys remember seeing these two classic cinemas and how long do they show up. Thanks

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: