Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (2017)

Author Topic: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 (2017)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 05-06-2017 08:44 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Warren East, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 14
PRESENTATION: Warren Grand Auditorium with the WAVE (motion sickness pills available at the snack bar)
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Kid behind me kicking my seat, woman next to me repeatedly kicking my leg and apologizing
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: Rocket steals some batteries. Wackiness ensues.

Well. That was fun.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-06-2017 09:54 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Sam Graham
Warren Grand Auditorium with the WAVE
Funny, in Billings MT "The Wave" is a car wash.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-11-2017 11:29 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
saw this, yesterday afternoon in IMAX-laser 3D, visually it was a ton of fun (and the 12-channel sound mix was all over the place), but the script and final cut could and probably should have been trimmed back by ten to fifteen minutes (I found my attention waning around half way through).

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 05-23-2017 04:01 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not every movie needs to be a total brainteaser and this one simply was loads of fun.

It was probably one of the first movies which really showed the value of Dolby Vision can add. In this candy-colored wacky fantasy universe, the format really adds something to your experience by adding more color-overload. I've seen it in standard DCI colors and Dolby Cinema/Vision and I'd say this is the first time I've seen such a striking difference.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-23-2017 06:51 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The movie was good, I didn't find it as "awesome" as many people have, but I liked it. It's bringing in people two and three times, so that's a sign it's a crowd pleaser.

I thought "Baby Groot" got a little tiresome. I'm looking forward to the next movie when he'll (apparently) be Sullen Teenager Groot.

The Zune punchline was pretty funny. Chris Pratt made the movie for me overall.

I'll give it 3 out of 5 stars.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: