Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » John Wick - Chapter 2 (2017)

Author Topic: John Wick - Chapter 2 (2017)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 02-14-2017 07:32 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Village Square, Las Vegas, NV
AUDITORIUM: 12
PRESENTATION: Sony Digital 4K Which Is Somehow Enhanced If You Buy a Coca-Cola at the Snack Bar, according to the Feature Presentation trailer
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: These new seats suck
RATING: Two stars (out of four)

Regal took out the Act III seats and put in 90's era Regal seats with the scratchy fabric, vinyl headrests, and hard plastic armrests. They have to be sourced from an old closed Regal build. They're GODAWFUL and have totally ruined this place for me. My neck is still sore.

Actually, they put them in Colonnade too.

THE PLOT: John Wick steals his car back. Wackiness ensues for a little bit, then for all intents and purposes the first John Wick movie ends and THEN we start the sequel. More wackiness ensues The need to tack on a conclusion to the first movie was completely unnecessary. Yay.

The sequel finds Wick fulfilling a marker. Remember that short-lived Richard Grieco TV series "The Marker?" Yeah. The best scene in the movie is where he fulfills that marker. The rest is uninspired fight scene after fight scene after fight scene against colorful backdrops You know who does this better and makes it more fun every week? "Arrow" on the CW.

Cripes. Why do I even go to these things.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: