Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Loving (2016)

Author Topic: Loving (2016)
Harold Hallikainen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-23-2016 11:25 PM      Profile for Harold Hallikainen   Author's Homepage   Email Harold Hallikainen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
EXCELLENT film concentrating on the personalities leading up to the case Loving v Virginia which overturned laws prohibiting interracial marriage. I especially liked Mildred who seems to be the driving force. There have been some great women in films recently. For example, I liked both the wife and neighbor in Man Called Ove. And, in The Hollers, the mother says that she likes her son's fiance. The son replies that she (the fiance) is pushy. The mother replies that pushy is good. Sometimes men need to be pushed. In each of these movies, the women give a gentle push in the right direction.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-18-2016 09:14 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great performances all around, but I thought the story and how it was told was a bit methodical. Joel Edgerton gives an understated subtle performance as Richard Loving and Ruth Negga equally if not more is riveting to watch as his wife, Mildred.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: