Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Inferno

Author Topic: Inferno
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 03:12 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This definitely is not one of Tom Hanks better movies. I spent the first half of the movie trying to figure out what was going on, and the second half (after I figured it out) not caring too much. The story has been done many times before and many times better than this. Madman creates virus, hero has to find the virus before it's unleashed on an unsuspecting world. Right. George Lazenby did it better. Really.

The "twist" when they are escaping through the basement grill onto the sidewalk is pretty good, and "You're wearing his suit" is definitely the best line in the movie.

The movie is even a bit hard to watch since so much of it is hallucinations, flashbacks and dream sequences that are always out of focus with faded colours.

You do get a bit of a tour of some old European churches and museums, but I don't know how much of that is real since they wreck quite a bit of the stuff there.

On a scale of one to ten I would give this a solid "meh".

|  IP: Logged

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 09:15 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad I didn't spend money to see the shakey cam shit in IMAX.

And I agree with Frank. This movie bored me.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-03-2016 11:56 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is it with today's movies? Shaky cam, faded colors, incomprehensible plots, bad writing. This one clearly falls into the "sequels nobody was asking for" category.

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-05-2016 12:12 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Never got around to reading this book but was a fan of the Da Vinci Code and as per my usual when I find a book I like, I go on a binge reading of other books by the same Author. The next was Angels and Demons which was another great read but then as I read some of his other books, I realized that I was pretty much reading the exact same plot.

It starts out that there seems to be a vast global conspiracy perpetrated by some giant shadowy organization (or secrete society) who have infiltrated world governments and the like. The protagonist (not always Robert Langdon) has to solve a complicate mystery and several puzzles while being chased by a killer. At the end it turns out that the evil organization and vast conspiracy never actually existed and it was actually only two people (or a very small group) responsible for the whole thing.

So unless Dan Brown has finally changed his formula, I am guessing that Inferno is just more of the same.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-12-2016 11:05 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why the studio decided not to film the third book seems premature and slightly dense since the film version of 'Inferno' is no great shakes. The sound mix even in 5.1 (I didn't bother hearing this in either 12-channel or Atmos) was so bombastic and just sonic overkill - so not am I also witnessing a trainwreck of a movie my ears are imploding as well ??

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: