Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Jason Bourne (2016)

Author Topic: Jason Bourne (2016)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 07-31-2016 03:14 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Cinemark Altoona and XD, Altoona, IA
AUDITORIUM: 6
PRESENTATION: Cinemark Illuminated by Barco Digital 2D 4K 319 Omaha Set
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: Nikkileaks. Wackiness ensues.

I get why fans of the series are pissed off about this installment, and I'm pissed about that too, but I was overall satisfied. Sure the Strip chase scene was a mess, possibly one of the worst car chases ever filmed (they blatantly used Shaky Cam to hide its misgivings) and there's lots of rehashing the same mistakes those going after Bourne make in every movie, but the premise of Deep Dream is very relatable today and easy for audiences to understand.

If anything, I found this one easier to follow than the others.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-04-2016 09:25 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
what's the deal with this release - is it Dolby Atmos or not? Dolby is certainly failing in promoting it as such, and even seeing it on a Dolby Atmos equipped screen, it certainly didn't sound like it. As to the movie itself - same old, same old, just another year. The shaky camera movement/editing was annoying beyond belief. I'd give it two stars (out of five) for the mere fact that Alicia Vikander is in the cast.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: