Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Purge: Anarchy

Author Topic: The Purge: Anarchy
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 07-31-2014 05:30 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoyed the first The Purge movie -- the concept is interesting and I thought that some of the images are exceptionally well composed and memorable. (Especially the women in the white dresses.)

I was hoping that The Purge: Anarchy would continue to be as well done as the first one and, frankly, I wasn't disappointed, though it's not as original as the first one since it's kind of a sequel. This time we get to find out what it's like to be stranded on the street during the annual purge and it's definitely not a good place to be.

The most memorable images from the first movie is the women in white dresses; this one has a scene in the friend-with-a-car's apartment that's creepy as hell until you find out what's really going on. The chap in the GOD mask is also something to see, and the lighting in the big truck with the machine gun is very well done.

There are a number of surprises in this movie, none of which I'll mention here.

I thought The Purge was really well done, and so is The Purge: Anarchy. Bloody and violent, of course, and well worth watching.

|  IP: Logged

Buck Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-01-2014 12:48 AM      Profile for Buck Wilson   Email Buck Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree!

Quite the enjoyable original set of features.

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 08-23-2014 07:40 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hollywood and Horror movies... it's been one milky business...

I don't know exactly when the milking started, but it must have been around the "I still know what Urban Ledgend you Screamed at the Faculty last Halloween"-series. After the first cow imploded on itself, they needed new ones, cheap and fat ones.

Like those of the Saw series, the "America's Scariest Home Videos" series, etc.

So, is this the new cow? For me, it was already slaughtered during the first Purge, a resurrection wasn't really necessary.

But let's wait and see, next year there will undoubtedly be a new purge, hopefully featuring 100% more milk and less stale meat.

Terry Lynn-Stevens
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-24-2014 12:19 AM      Profile for Terry Lynn-Stevens   Email Terry Lynn-Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Frank Cox
There are a number of surprises in this movie, none of which I'll mention here.
For some reason, I never really wanted to go to the movies to see this one. I will probably check it out on DVD.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: