Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Homefront

Author Topic: Homefront
Terry Lynn-Stevens
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-03-2013 07:59 AM      Profile for Terry Lynn-Stevens   Email Terry Lynn-Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this movie yesterday. The movie was ok, it kind of felt like a Steven Seagal movie from the 1990's, Jason Statham was good and kicked some serious ass. Stallone's name was on the screenplay which is always nice as I like Stallone. What the hell was Wynona Ryder doing in this movie? They could of put any no-name actress in her role.

I saw the movie in a THX auditorium, the presentation with masking was very good and so was the sound.

|  IP: Logged

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 12-04-2013 07:51 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Megaplex at Jordan Commons, Sandy, UT
AUDITORIUM: 9
PRESENTATION: Mystery Meat Digital
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Who the hell brought a baby to this movie?
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: A widower ex-undercover drug agent moves himself and his daughter to METH COUNTRY. As if somebody in his position wouldn't ALREADY KNOW THIS. Wackiness ensues.

Stallone apparently planned to star in this himself (as Terry noted, he penned this and also produced) but handed off the lead to Statham for whatever reason. It's a very VERY formula "insert action star and let him beat the crap out of a lot of people and maybe blow one or two things up" type of movie. Basically on the same level of Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson's remake of "Walking Tall" or, to put Terry's comparison into perspective, I'd use Steven Seagal's "Fire Down Below" as a specific example.

If that's your kind of thing, this is a perfectly decent watch.

Terry Lynn-Stevens
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-04-2013 09:49 PM      Profile for Terry Lynn-Stevens   Email Terry Lynn-Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Sam Graham
I'd use Steven Seagal's "Fire Down Below" as a specific example.
That is the one movie that really came to mind.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-07-2014 12:23 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Terry Lynn-Stevens
What the hell was Wynona Ryder doing in this movie? They could of put any no-name actress in her role.
Marquee value, of course. If you had a choice between a well-known personality who might sell a few more tickets vs. some no-name actress, and you had the budget to swing it, why not? They probably would have LIKED to get Sandra Bullock but she was too expensive.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: