Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Escape From Tomorrow (2013)

Author Topic: Escape From Tomorrow (2013)
Mark Ogden
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-24-2013 10:02 PM      Profile for Mark Ogden   Email Mark Ogden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After being fired from his job, a husband and father loses his grip on reality during a family vacation to Disney World.

Using a small crew and and extensive pre-planning, director Randy Moore shot this movie surreptitiously at Disney World without the knowledge or consent of Disney itself, and then finished the effects and editing in Korea to keep it under the radar. Disney, for its part, has acknowledged the film’s existence, but since the legal consensus seems to be that they have no grounds to block the picture’s exhibition, they are choosing to ignore it instead.

It’s probably the smart move, because it’s not a very good movie. Slow, choppily edited and amateurish, with long stretches of unnecessary wandering, the film seems to want to make a point about the intrusion of Disney’s style of fantasy onto reality (or vice versa), but the filmmakers don’t quite have the chops to bring it off. The ambiguous ending doesn’t help much, either. Technically, the film is pretty soft-focus b/w video, shot with Canon DSLRs.

Hats off to the guy for pulling off a pretty good filmmaking stunt, too bad it wasn’t for a better picture.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2013 11:14 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
some of the green screen shots were glaringly obvious, I actually thought this was genuinely effective and oft-kilter. Not the best movie, but I was entertained.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: