Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Prisoners

Author Topic: Prisoners
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 10-11-2013 03:26 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Two-and-a-half hours of an absolutely top-notch crime drama. This is the best movie that I've seen recently.

Two children are kidnapped in broad daylight and just flat disappear. The story follows the lead detective who's investigating the case, and the father of one of the girls who figures that the detective is wasting time and screwing thing up, so he starts his own investigation using very unofficial methods.

The story has lots of twists and turns, and the whodunnit is a shocker.

Gosh, what a great movie.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-19-2013 08:23 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
despite all the praise and great reviews I'm not sure why I'm not rushing out to see this... it looks too much like AMC's The Killing (which didn't wow me in the least).

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 10-20-2013 06:11 PM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've not seen a single episode of The Killing, but this movie isn't something spectacularly new. It's although a very decent Drama/Thriller, one of the best for 2013 if I may say so. It's not a very cheerful movie though.

My main point of critique would be, that the cops that are portrayed in this movie, are rather extremely sloppy at their job at various times.

Terry Lynn-Stevens
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 01-30-2014 06:57 PM      Profile for Terry Lynn-Stevens   Email Terry Lynn-Stevens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had no interest in watching this movie until the Academy announced that Roger Deakins was nominated for his work for cinematography. I have been following his work for a number of years so I finally got the chance today to watch it.

Overall, it was ok. The movie did ok at the box office but I kept getting the feeling that if it were not for Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhaal then this movie would of been a direct to home video release.

The movie is about 30 minutes too long. As for the cinematography, it was pretty damn good. There are so many scenes that just lite up the actors faces in different ways and it set a tone and overall mood.

I thought the final few minutes of the ending was bad and the twist of who did it was not all that great.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: