Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Rush (2013)

Author Topic: Rush (2013)
John Roddy
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-28-2013 02:29 AM      Profile for John Roddy   Author's Homepage   Email John Roddy   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The plot
Two certified Grade-AA bad-asses become fierce rivals in a Formula One championship.

What I saw
Lots and lots of fast-paced, action-packed racing goodness with a hint of tangy drama and dry humor in between.

The result
I should note that I didn't have the luxury of watching this from start to finish. When I first ran through it, I ended up having to abandon my seat halfway to perform some much needed maintenance on another projector. Tragic. Since then, I've gotten to watch enough bits and pieces to where I pretty much saw the whole thing.

That being said, I really liked what I saw. A lot of these sports style movies seem to be nothing but cheap dramas with somewhat-interesting matches/games sprinkled in at some point. This one managed to keep a pretty consistent level of entertainment throughout, even if the race scenes were heavily abridged and comparatively short. And the scenes in between? Still very well done. There was some drama, romance, fighting, "romance," heated arguing, humor, and even nipples! (Also, somebody tell me where I can buy a "SEX - Breakfast of Champions" patch.)

James and Niki both seemed to fill typical Hollywood stereotypes—the carefree champion who wins at everything and gets all the girls, and the overly precise asshole who focuses on every possible little detail while driving everyone around him insane, respectively—but they did it well. They were strong leads for this movie, and both were a lot of fun to watch.

Overall, it was very good. I'm probably going to dedicate some time to watch this through at some point. It really seems worth it. We also have it in D-BOX here, so I wanna check out how well that works. This is one of those rare films that looks like it could really take advantage of that.

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-18-2013 11:11 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the cinematography (and editing) was insane. Good story and interesting characters, and hey... I'm a sucker for Formula 1 car racing films.

I'm buying this on bluray!

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: