Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » 2 Guns (2013)

Author Topic: 2 Guns (2013)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 08-05-2013 03:40 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Green Valley Ranch 10, Henderson, NV
AUDITORIUM: 9
PRESENTATION: Sony Digital 4K
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

HEY KIDS! Remember when you worked at a mediocre radio station that sometimes got to interview mediocre musicians and the one thing you were absolutely supposed to not screw up was to get them to cut a station promo? You know, the one that went something like "Hi this is so-and-so from Queensryche and you're rockin' with Classic 107."

Well, Regal has brought this blatant form of prostitution to the big screen.

Prior to the roller coaster, we got Danny Trejo, in character as Machete, introducing the trailer for "Machete Kills". "See it at a Regal Cinema...OR I WILL FIND YOU!"

Then we got Simon Pegg and Nick Frost (NOT in character) encouraging you to see their new flick at a Regal before what was more like a First Look mini documentary about their movie.

Yeah. Okay.

THE PLOT: Two outlaws (or ARE they?) burn down a diner and rob a bank. Wackiness ensues.

Wahlberg and Washington make this movie watchable. They're funny and clever and stuff. More so than the rest of the movie, but it's a decent watch and the crowd here laughed quite a bit. Then again, they also laughed a lot at the "Jackass Presents: Bad Grandpa" trailer.

Not going to make my home movie collection, but not a bad waste of time either.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: