Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Big Wedding

Author Topic: The Big Wedding
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 05-09-2013 08:15 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Based on the reviews of this movie, I didn't expect much out of it. So I was pleasantly surprised to find that it's a not-bad chick-flick. Not Oscar material, of course, but it has some laughs and it's not boring after the story gets moving.

The movie has no particular star; the 7 or 8 principal characters all get more-or-less equal screen time.

The sexual content is pretty heavy in this movie, so it might not be to the taste of all of the folks who generally come to the chick flicks.

Not one of my favourite movies, but not a dud either. Reasonable entertainment for an hour-and-a-half.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-09-2013 11:30 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had never heard of this movie until today. I was driving past Century Bel-Mar's tiny little animated one-color sign when they flashed the title up on it right after Iron Man 3 (which was barely readable at all). So I will base my review of the movie on this experience. The typography for "big" was bigger and fancier than both "the" and "wedding". So therefore I surmise that this movie is not about the wedding itself, but the big fuss that takes place leading up to it. But overall it was pretty damn boring and I took my eyes off of it quickly. This movie's not worth getting in an accident over.

3 stars out of 10.

Larry Baxter
Film Handler

- posted 05-10-2013 08:41 AM      Profile for Larry Baxter   Author's Homepage   Email Larry Baxter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank !! too funny. no big recognizable stars lol
Like Robert Diniro, Susan Sarrandon, Robin Williams, are unknowns?

Bobby Henderson
"Ask me about Trajan."

- posted 05-10-2013 11:52 AM      Profile for Bobby Henderson   Email Bobby Henderson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe he meant none of the actors in the ensemble took a leading role in the movie.

I'm not sure I'll even get close enough to experiencing this movie by way of outdoor LED electronic variable message center signs or their "analog" plastic Zip Change/Pronto letter counterparts. I might see the title in a movie theater showtimes listing online. But that would only be by accident.

Maybe a year from now I might accidentally come across this movie playing on cable. I can't promise I'll stop channel surfing and pass it.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 05-10-2013 12:18 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is no "star of the show" in The Big Wedding. There are a lot of big name actors in it but they all get more-or-less equal screen time, with the exception of Robin Williams who has a more minor role than the others. Robin Williams does get more laughs-per-minute out of his time than the other characters do. But the story doesn't follow any single character to a greater extent than the others.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: