Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Silver Linings Playbook (2012)

Author Topic: Silver Linings Playbook (2012)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 03-02-2013 11:30 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Delta Air Lines Boeing 737-800
AUDITORIUM: N383DN
PRESENTATION: In-flight movie (VHS displayed on small 4:3 LCD screens lowered from ceiling, cheap earbuds)
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Pan-and-scan, swear words muted
RATING: Three and one half stars (out of four)

This has been on my "see" list for some time, but I never got around to it. So it was a pleasant surprise to get to see it on a flight.

This may be the angriest romantic comedy ever (unless you count "Bad Santa" as a romantic comedy). Jennifer Lawrence blasts into this movie full force and never lets up. And although I had problems with the idea that Bradley Cooper's character didn't sweep her up immediately upon meeting her, they wrapped that loophole up decently enough at the end.

There isn't a bad performance in this. It's angry. It's funny. It's just freaking great. See it while it's still out there.

|  IP: Logged

Edward Havens
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-03-2013 07:17 AM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should see it in a real fucking movie theatre, with all the fucking swear words left the fuck in. [fu]

Marcel Birgelen
Film God

- posted 03-03-2013 09:13 AM      Profile for Marcel Birgelen   Email Marcel Birgelen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You should see it in a real fucking movie theatre, with all the fucking swear words left the fuck in. [fu]
Uncomfortable seats with just the bare minimum of legroom, small screens, bad picture, crappy sound and shitty overal service? You can get that in many real fucking movie theaters too [Wink]

Regarding the movie. Usually, if the genre is something like "romantic comedy" it will scare me away, but this one was actually quite enjoyable. It's not like the plot is really that good, but the way it's being acted out is really good and makes up for all the remaining cliche in the movie.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: