Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters

Author Topic: Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters
Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 02-15-2013 12:56 PM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Back in 1992, a movie came out called Army of Darkness. It's always been one of my favourite movies.

Now we have Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters. It's cut from the same cloth as Army of Darkness and it's just as silly and fun to watch.

Ever seen a hand-cranked taser? How about a machine-gun crossbow? Or a shotgun that folds up like an expandable police baton; just snap it down and it's ready for action.

This movie is the most violent thing that you can possibly imagine. It's also an absolute hoot!

It certainly isn't going to be everyone's cup of tea, of course.

"For those who like that sort of thing, that is the sort of thing they like."

|  IP: Logged

Richard Hamilton
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 02-15-2013 01:38 PM      Profile for Richard Hamilton   Email Richard Hamilton   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Frank,
If you've seen Army of Darkness, you must have seen The Evil Dead [beer] , if not, it's worth the rent or buying. I used to have a VHS copy.

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 02-15-2013 05:17 PM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second Richard's comment. Top films and a hoot to boot.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 02-16-2013 01:33 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And a big "Klatoo Veratta Nictoo" to you too! (Gosh, I'm amazed that I actually remember that since its been at least a dozen years since I last watched Army of Darkness.)

Anyway, it's not just me who gets a kick out of this version of Hansel & Gretel. I had a reasonably decent turnout for it tonight and heard a lot of the customers on the way out saying that it was great, cool, awesome, and so on. One guy was telling his buddies that it's the best movie that he's seen in years.

Hopefully they'll tell their friends, since I'm playing it for the rest of the week.

Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 02-16-2013 05:59 AM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...What did you call me? Gort.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: