Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Warm Bodies (2013)

Author Topic: Warm Bodies (2013)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 02-02-2013 05:41 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: AMC Westroads 14, Omaha, NE
AUDITORIUM: 1
PRESENTATION: Mystery meat digital
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Soft picture with weak and uneven lighting
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

This is one of the Rave plexes that AMC picked up. Rave signs are all still up, but the AMC pre-show and window promo material are all in place. And early matinee admissions dropped to five bucks. I'll gladly take that.

With this, AMC's takeover of Star Cinemas, Regal's recent acquisition of Great Escape, and the Marcus acquisition of Douglas Theatres, the only modern multiplex in town I can think of still being run under its original brand is AMC Oak View 24.

THE PLOT: A zombie kills a guy, eats his brains, then starts dating his girlfriend. Dude, that's cold. Wackiness ensues.

I guess it's supposed to be a dark comedy though there wasn't much laughter with this crowd. Yet it totally works as a romance. I kept thinking it would have worked better if the whole thing felt more independent than it does, but it grabbed me at the end anyway.

|  IP: Logged

Tony Gallimore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 02-21-2013 10:50 AM      Profile for Tony Gallimore   Email Tony Gallimore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With my ardent dislike for zombie movies, somehow I found myself in the theatre to watch this thing. I guess the trailer I had seen previously had actually caught my attention... I usually time my arrival to miss the first nine trailers, but anyway, we (the half-dozen or so brave souls attending) had a great experience. There was actual audible laughter indicative of enjoying the feature. Sam was right about one thing, the digital presentation was pitiful, dark and unimpressive. I guess the idea of an actual funny zombie movie, plus the redeeming event of the zombie boyfriend converting back to a warm bodied human, we all went away realizing there can be a truly wholesome ending to an otherwise dead (pun intended) storyline. It was a totally unbelieveable movie, which made it all the more fun and the good guy (in this case the zombie) came out the winner! Go zombies

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: