Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)

Author Topic: The Perks of Being a Wallflower (2012)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 10-14-2012 04:29 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Megaplex at the District, South Jordan, UT
AUDITORIUM: 2
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital Cinema (2K)
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Four stars (out of four)

Girls two rows back:

"We made it!"

"Yeah."

"And we got our seats!"

"Yeah."

"And we can actually talk to each other."

"Yeah."

Yeah. Gonna be one of THOSE shows.

THE PLOT: Being a freshman sucks. Wackiness ensues.

Well, it's got all your stereotypical outcast characters. The freshman, the weird friends, the gay guy, the cool teacher, and what not. And they're packaged in a story I fell hook line and sinker for.

They did everything right here. Completely freaking awesome.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 10-14-2012 07:27 PM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings!

I also saw the movie last week, at the Embarcadero Cinema in San Francisco. This theatre caters to adults only. You never see any teenagers here. And that makes the theatre just that much better. The crowd for this show ranged from 40-is to grey haired patrons.

Very good movie. Very engaging. I completely enjoyed the movie. Perhaps one of the best indie films this year.

Mike

Melanie Loggins
Expert Film Handler

- posted 11-08-2012 07:50 PM      Profile for Melanie Loggins   Author's Homepage   Email Melanie Loggins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm showing it this weekend, and I was totally unprepared for how it was going to affect me. It was so sweet and so honest. I actually remembered what it was to be young, when every experience is new and everything is the most important thing. In terms of sheer emotional involvement, it is one of the best movies I've seen in a long time.

Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 11-10-2012 12:00 PM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I suspect many adults will look at the ad in the paper, and dismiss the film as your typical teenage romp. No so. An excellent movie for all ages.

Mike

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-14-2012 09:54 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
finally caught this before it left landmark E Street earlier this week - I'm not sure why I took so long in seeing this - what an excellent movie! Definitely in my top ten of the year.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: