Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Hit and Run (2012)

Author Topic: Hit and Run (2012)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 09-01-2012 04:09 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: 13th Avenue Warren, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 7
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital Cinema DLP/THX
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Auditorium clock WAY too bright
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

The box office and lobby are full of people, but there's nobody going down the corridor that holds Auditoriums 1-13. Why? They're all here to see "2016: Obama's America". It's doing such big business here that they've moved it into the Grand auditorium because it was regularly selling out in their second biggest house.

THE PLOT: A girlfriend gets a killer job interview and her boyfriend, in witness protection, drives her to it. Road trip wackiness ensues.

This whole thing is Dax Shepard's baby. He wrote it, co-directed it, starred in it. The co-star is his fiancee, and a lot of the cars in it are from his personal collection.

The feel of it reminds me of "Go", though it's not as clever and not quite as fun. Still a good time, despite the fact Tom Arnold is in it.

The biggest bad-ass in the movie? Beau Bridges.

|  IP: Logged

Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-03-2012 09:15 PM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't get that GO like feel. Plot was pretty much centered on the main couple with 4 other characters.

It was a watchable movie. not a must see in the theater, but not boring.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: