Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Moonrise Kigndom

Author Topic: Moonrise Kigndom
Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2012 10:31 AM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings:

Saw "Midnight Kingdom" at the Cinearts at Santana Road, a quasi art house in San Jose, CA.

This is an offbeat love story between a 12 year old girl and a 13 year old boy. All done in good taste. The comedy in the film is mild, but consistant throughout the entire film.

A good movie for those who want something off the beaten path.

Mike

|  IP: Logged

Jerome Holmes
Film Handler

- posted 06-10-2012 10:47 PM      Profile for Jerome Holmes   Email Jerome Holmes   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Mike - just a quick correction "Santana Row", but that's splitting hairs...

Anyway - I too got to see it, at our sister theatre Camera 7 in Campbell. Sweet movie, with that patented dry humour that Wes Anderson stamps on all his films, as well as great cinematography. Definitely worth watching if your a fan of his other films.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2012 02:09 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
seeing a movie which was shot in 16mm and watching a crappy 35mm print of it in the theater gave it a 'nostalgic' feel to it. Oh and I thought it was great!

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 06-23-2012 04:47 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Cinemarkury 20 at Jordan Creek, West Des Moines, IA
AUDITORIUM: 20
PRESENTATION: Mystery Meat Digital
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Eek!]
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

Fat Ticket Seller: "Enjoy the show!"

Me: "You too."

NO idea why I said that. It's not like HE'S going to the show.

The trailers started out with some promo for a ballet. Why do male ballet performers stick cucumbers in their pants? Is it for balance?

THE PLOT: Pen pals go camping. Wackiness ensues.

Wes Anderson has a flair for imagery and dialogue, but this one is almost more cartoonish than "Fantastic Mr Fox". There's loads of interesting characters, as you might expect with a name cast this expansive, but none of them are explored much save for the two kids.

And yet it was still pretty freaking great.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: