Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Chronicle (2012)

Author Topic: Chronicle (2012)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 02-06-2012 08:10 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Rave Westroads 14, Omaha, NE
AUDITORIUM: 3
PRESENTATION: Christie 2K DLP
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Delayed start
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

Scheduled start time: 11:50. At 11:50, an Allstate-sponsered "silence your cell phones and don't use them while driving either dipshit" slide (sorry...digital static image) appeared. Then it would blink like it was switching to the next ad, but it would be the same one. This went on for six minutes. About the time somebody walked out to complain, the Christie trailer started and everything went all normaly and stuff.

THE PLOT: Some teens find a glowy thingie. Wackiness ensues.

Another one of those 'pretend it was shot on video' movies made on the cheap, but it's a pretty good one. Basically, three teenagers stumble upon super powers, have fun with them, then things get dark when the fun starts to get out of hand.

I might have gone three stars if it weren't for the intentional video look. I'm in a movie theatre, assholes. Show some respect for your product.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-09-2012 04:17 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What a dumb title. They could have just as well called it "Movie."

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 02-10-2012 10:54 AM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mike Blakesley
What a dumb title. They could have just as well called it "Movie."
You know what's funny? I kept forgetting the title and had to keep looking it up. When I approached the box office, I had to check the reader board because I could only remember that it started with a "C". Same was true even after seeing it...I had to check the box office updates for the name again before posting my rating on Facebook and Twitter, and yet again when writing the review here after I got home.

Frank Cox
Film God

- posted 02-10-2012 11:22 AM      Profile for Frank Cox   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Cox   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've had many "interesting" phone conversations when someone calls to ask what's playing. I think the most confusing one was "It's Complicated".

"What's playing?" "It's Complicated." "Oh. Well, could you just tell me the title?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: