Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » My Week with Marilyn (2011)

Author Topic: My Week with Marilyn (2011)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 12-30-2011 09:13 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: 13th Avenue Warren, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 20
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital Cinema/THX
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: A spoiled rich kid annoys his way into the movie business. Wackiness ensues.

Based on the memoirs of Colin Clark, who apparently experienced all this during the production of "The Prince and the Showgirl". It's a nice period piece covering the production of the film and Clark's relationship with star Marilyn Monroe, not to mention how everybody else dealt with her.

An interesting look into what she was like to be sure.

|  IP: Logged

Keegan O'Brien
Film Handler

- posted 12-31-2011 09:58 AM      Profile for Keegan O'Brien   Email Keegan O'Brien   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Valley River Stadium 15 & IMAX (Eugene, Oregon)
AUDITORIUM: 2
Presentation: Sony Digital 4K
PROBLEMS: Volume was too low.
RATING: 86/100

A neat look into the life of Monroe, whom I previously knew very little about. Williams killed it... fantastic performance. The cinematography was really bland however, no "pop".

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 01-06-2012 02:04 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got done watching this, had no real desire to see it but wasn't forced into watching it. One of those, if I see it I see it kind of films.

I really enjoyed it, I didn't know that half the cast was even it. Thought everyone did a great job in their respective roles and nothing wrong with looking at Michelle Williams for an hour and a half. The actor that played Colin was great.

4/5 [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: