Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)

Author Topic: Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows (2011)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 12-26-2011 10:17 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Regal Village Square Stadium 18, Las Vegas, NV
AUDITORIUM: 7
PRESENTATION: Sony Digital 4K
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: Two words...upgrade subwoofers
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: Apparently there's a mystery to be solved. Wackiness ensues.

Even having seen it, I had to go to IMDB to find out what the actual plot was supposed to be. IMDB says "Sherlock Holmes and his sidekick Dr. Watson join forces to outwit and bring down their fiercest adversary, Professor Moriarty."

That didn't help at all.

The movie is completely ridiculous, but it's also a really good time. It probably has only been equaled by Thor in the 'whole lot of fun to watch' category this year.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-22-2012 10:51 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just rented this on Blu-ray. I thought the music was too bombastic, making the entire movie feel like one giant trailer. So yes, the music was shit. The movie was OK, I suppose. I still don't buy Holmes as an action hero character.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: