Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE
Topic Closed  Topic Closed

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » THE ARTIST RELEASE PATTERN

Author Topic: THE ARTIST RELEASE PATTERN
Paul Brown
Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2011 02:41 PM      Profile for Paul Brown   Email Paul Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
why is TWC not releasing the Artist (like Kings Speech) in more theaters over the holidays.. instead, releasing it day and date with Iron Lady , mid January?

|  IP: Logged

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 12-20-2011 03:27 PM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last I heard, a few weeks ago, they are platforming it on Christmas Day. If it goes well, it will follow the usual Kings Speech type rollout, because we know America is craving a Silent B&W French Film [evil]

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 12-20-2011 11:41 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, what's up with all these movies being released in the last ten days of the year - how annoying, wish I had more time on my plate running off to the movies.

Martin McCaffery
Film God

- posted 12-21-2011 09:47 AM      Profile for Martin McCaffery   Author's Homepage   Email Martin McCaffery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They need a one week run in NY or LA to qualify for the Academy Awards. The more "art" type can platform for a week or so to get word of mouth and best of buzz going and then milk them for the two months leading up to the Oscars after the Chirstmas blockbusters have already burned out.

Edward Havens
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 12-21-2011 11:09 AM      Profile for Edward Havens   Email Edward Havens   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why is TWC being cautious with their rollout of a black and white, silent, 1.33:1 French movie?

Gee, I wonder... [Roll Eyes]

The local arthouse in Pleasant Hill is having a rare opening 12:01am show of The Artist tomorrow night. I just might go.

Tim Asten
Film Handler

- posted 12-22-2011 07:42 AM      Profile for Tim Asten   Email Tim Asten   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this section was for movie reviews?

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Open Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: