Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Immortals

Author Topic: Immortals
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2011 12:54 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is just a bad video game made into a movie. Lots of decent fight scenes but not much else. Characters are so one-dimensional it is hard to remember who is who. 3-D effects are average at best.

BUT, there are some amazing costumes in this thing. The headresses of the Gods are very weird and interesting and their gold outfits really stand out. The Oracle costumes are bright and colorful but also very strange.

Dialog reminds me of the cheap sword/sorcery movies of the '50's. It's really bad.

These have to be the wimpiest Gods ever in a movie!

The director of this thing sure has a thing for chopping off heads.

See it only if you have nothing better to do.

Rating: C-

|  IP: Logged

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-11-2011 07:06 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
but even the Minotaur is a headscratcher - it's very Julie Taymor but ultimately a let down.

the muddy brown color scheme really hinders the 3D imagery.

yes, the action is wild and highly visual and pretty much make up for all the other film's flaws.

my major gripe was that the theater I saw it at: AMC Tysons, the ETX screen wasn't even properly calibrated for the first showing of the day. The trailers started and then stopped for the projectionist to align the two Christie projector's images - which took a loooooong time. Then the movie started but the ghosting continued for yet another fifteen minutes, somehow it got corrected but the brightness was a tad reduced in the process. Ugh... this never happens on the XD screen over at Cinemark's Egyptian - should have seen it there.

Michael Brown
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-24-2011 07:15 PM      Profile for Michael Brown   Email Michael Brown   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't sat down to watch it propely yet.

Anyone noticed that it seams to be mixed quite 'hot', having to turn the fader down to the setting we'd normally use for bollywoods on this one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: