Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Real Steel (2011)

Author Topic: Real Steel (2011)
Connor Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 10-08-2011 09:44 PM      Profile for Connor Wilson   Email Connor Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: Cobb Village 12, Leesburg, VA
AUDITORIUM: 8
PRESENTATION: 2K D-Cinema, D-Box
PROBLEMS: None.
RATING: Seven out of ten.

This is my second time experiencing D-Box (first being HP7p2 at this location), and I must say the motion code was better mixed than Potter! I was also curious if this auditorium played the film in 7.1, because I remember hearing an effect on both the supposedly the rear right and back right channels.

THE PLOT: Capitalism. Wackiness ensues.

For one of those films that won't make its "Executive Producer: Steven Spielberg" credit the movie better, it was actually decent and fun. Popcorn cinema, too bad it was all gone during the climax. Take the kids. It's finally a relief that a big Hollywood movie these days isn't released in 3D, regardless of how the film was shot.

|  IP: Logged

Michael Gonzalez
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2011 11:33 AM      Profile for Michael Gonzalez   Email Michael Gonzalez   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Rock Em Sock Em Robots seemed to be everyone's first reaction upon viewing the trailer, but for me, the story at least, looked to be more of a remake of Sly Stallone's "Over the Top". BTW Bull Hurley is still the greatest movie villain of all time. [beer]

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-09-2011 09:31 PM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I personally really hate the trailer - but surprisingly it's been receiving pretty positive reviews.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 10-27-2011 10:48 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and I had two hours to kill yesterday and decided to check it out - not great but nonetheless quite entertaining - the Barco DLP presentation looked gorgeous and the 5.1 audio kicked butt - 6 bucks well worth spent.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: