Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Debt

Author Topic: The Debt
Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2011 11:23 AM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm...No one has posted on this film yet?

Saw the film yesterday in Oakland, CA at the Grand Lake Theatre.
Very well made drama/thriller. I completely enjoyed it. It was both entertaining and compelling. Probably one of the best independent films to be released wide this year.

Mike

|  IP: Logged

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-05-2011 02:41 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a well crafted drama/suspense/thriller. The audience really needs to pay attention to what is happening.

There is a HUGE surprise about 2/3 into the picture that changes everything. So, if you see this movie, please pay very close attention. I think it ranks with CRYING GAME for movie surprises...I sure didn't see it coming.

Audience was about 1/2 full for a Friday Matinee. Most were over 40 years of age.

Seen at Marcus UltraScreen Crosswoods, a former Imax venue. Sound quality was the best I've heard in a LONG time. Sound was tight and clear, with a solid powerful bass. Image seems to be a bit brighter than it used to be in this location. Nice job, Marcus folks!!

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 09-07-2011 09:48 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I thought this was an excellent film, but I couldn't buy that the actor that played the young Stefan (Marton Csokas) would look like Tom Wilkenson. Marton though was a dead ringer and better choice for the older David Peretz (actor Ciaran Hinds). I thought the grading/lighting scheme of the film was fascinating, the beach scenes were nearly bleached out in an interesting stylistic sense.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: