Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Bridesmaids (2011)

Author Topic: Bridesmaids (2011)
Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 05-30-2011 05:27 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Regal Green Valley Ranch 10, Henderson, NV
AUDITORIUM: 10
PRESENTATION: Sony 4K Digital
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Two and one half stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: Jealousy. Wackiness ensues.

Wow. There's a lot of horrible looking chick flicks coming out this summer if the trailers are any indication.

I saw this one because I got the impression it was above the typical chick flick. This proved incorrect. Pretty much every situation the lead found herself in could have been avoided by simply not over-thinking things, which is the signauture of every chick flick. Actually, it's probably true about a lot of women too, but as soon as I see that trait, I disassociate myself with said women.

What saves this movie is that it's pretty funny. And the chick from Mike & Molly, whose beau in the movie is apparently her real-life husband, was awesome.

This was bar none the best presentation I've ever experienced in a Regal complex actually built by Regal. The sound wasn't as tinny as it usually is. The picture was astounding during the updated roller coaster trailer, though the movie didn't look any sharper than the 2K DLP presentations I've experienced.

|  IP: Logged

Chase Pickett
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2011 09:01 PM      Profile for Chase Pickett   Email Chase Pickett   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's because Bridesmaids is a 2k DCP.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: