Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » THOR (2011)

Author Topic: THOR (2011)
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2011 01:48 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I really enjoyed this one, I've been a huge fan of what Marvel is doing with their movies. All leading up to next summers Avengers. What makes this movie work is Thor himself, Chris Hemsworth. He has so much Charisma that it just comes to him with out effort. This also has a strong supporting cast that helps the film. I watched this in 2D and non IMAX, and will gladly watch it one more time.

4/5 [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 05-06-2011 03:01 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am probably not going to see this. But if I do, I will likely see it in 2D

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2011 04:27 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A fun two hours, but definitely not the best comic book movie I've seen.

The 3D is a waste of money and kills the image quality. Should have waited and saw it in 2D.

AJG

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-06-2011 07:25 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea, this is another Post done 3D film. Same as a Capt this summer. Just stay away from the 3D. I would say this is the third best in the marvel produced movies. Iron Man, Incredible Hulk then this

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 05-07-2011 09:03 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: 13th Avenue Warren, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 14
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital Cinema DLP (2D, 7.1)/THX
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Three stars (out of four)

Dolby has a 7.1 specific trailer that I'm assuming is called 'balls'. Because that's what it is. Yes, I giggled.

THE PLOT: Some dumbass screws up. Wackiness ensues.

Wow. Marvel made a chick flick. You have a king, an heir to the throne (with a classic romance novel look), an heir-wanna-be, an intelligent and completely hot damsel, a story that never takes itself seriously, lots of fluffy action, some of the nicest and least effective federal agents in history, a big screen kiss, and a fire-breathing robot monster right out of a Godzilla movie. (Romance novels have Japanese robots in them, right? I'm just making assumptions.)

Based on the audience reaction and what I'm seeing on Facebook today, girls are digging this. Big time.

Jonathan Goeldner
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-08-2011 12:00 AM      Profile for Jonathan Goeldner   Email Jonathan Goeldner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think it was a near sell out on Tyson's IMAX-Digital screen (7pm showing) - I thought the audience's reaction was pretty positive (a lot of people stayed to the very end post credit scene), I know I enjoyed it. Thought though the 3D was pretty pointless, not real sure why the MPAA rated this PG-13 - it was pretty tame in my opinion.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 05-09-2011 12:20 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just making a post so that Jonathan Goeldner's post doesn't keep popping up as "new" each time I visit the forum despite me marking all posts as read, making me always think there is a new post in this thread.

Tony Gallimore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-18-2011 09:28 PM      Profile for Tony Gallimore   Email Tony Gallimore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As always, I hunted up a 35mm version and as most of the reviews I read promised, enjoyed it very much.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: