Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Due Date

Author Topic: Due Date
Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 11-08-2010 11:08 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, folks I hated "The Hangover"...just didn't work for me.

But Due Date, I loved it!

There are a lot of laughs and a few laugh out moments. I also really like how they kept the movie short, not to long or it would of bored me to death.

Due Date is an example of movie that has the perfect running length for what is was.

It's also really nice to see Robert Downey Jr on the big screen as a movie star. After all those years of being messed up, he finally looks like he has put everything behind him, although that actually happened a number of years ago.

|  IP: Logged

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2010 11:53 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I really liked Hangover and thought it funny, even on repeat veiwings. THis film suffered from the trailer effect. Almost every funny momment was shown in one of the trailers it had. It still had some funny suprise moments, but overall it kinda fell flat. And I to also liked the running time, cause I don't think I could of done with more then what was there.

2.5/5 [thumbsup]

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 11-09-2010 11:55 AM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
While I really liked Hangover and thought it funny, even on repeat veiwings. THis film suffered from the trailer effect. Almost every funny momment was shown in one of the trailers it had. It still had some funny suprise moments, but overall it kinda fell flat. And I to also liked the running time, cause I don't think I could of done with more then what was there.

2.5/5 [thumbsup]

This is one of the reasons why I stay AWAY from trailers. I never like watching them because they give away way to much of the movie.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2010 11:58 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I could, one of my downfalls as a movie nut is I love to see them. Usually it doesn't bother me much, but with comedys the jokes are everything and when they are given away freely it just sucks. I have a friend who didn't watch a single trailer for Inception. He knew the director and the people in it, thats all he wanted to know. When we would be watching a movie and the trailer would come on, he would either put on his head phones and listen to a song or leave the theatre. Never watched a single one, even though we play them in our lobby the entire time were open. Was very impressed by this.

Tom Petrov
Five Guys Lover

- posted 11-09-2010 12:01 PM      Profile for Tom Petrov     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Kurt Zupin
I wish I could, one of my downfalls as a movie nut is I love to see them.
Hey, I am a movie nut too but I avoid them at all costs. The only thing I usually know about the movie before hand is how many stars a movie critic gives it. Once I know that, I see the movie, then read the reviews. Critics give away way to much, but the trailer even more.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 11-09-2010 12:06 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hence why I said
quote: Kurt Zupin
I love to see them
If a movies good, seeing the trailer and any amount of Spoilers shouldn't matter. I'm the opposite, I don't want to know what a "Critic" says about a movie, most critics now have lost touch with what the consumer wants to see and what they think of a movie.

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 12-28-2010 11:24 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the song that plays right after the line "I had a glorious orgasm and slept like a baby!"?

We are playing this movie now and I thought it was just OK. Obviously inspired by Planes Trains and Automobiles, but the characters are far less likable in this movie than they are in the oldie but goodie.

I thought there was a gigantic, unforgivable plot hole after they "escape" from the Mexican border and manage to drive all the way to L.A. in a stolen Mexican police truck with its lights a-flashing. Hello....cops have radios, phones and everything else at their disposal and not ONE cop chased them the whole way from San Diego to L.A.? Not ONE roadblock on one of the world's busiest highways, or in the 2nd-biggest city in the country? A major chase scene opportunity missed. (Or, more likely, budgeted out of the script.) The cops should have busted into the hospital room and hauled Downey off, or something.

I did enjoy the drainage ditch scenes, but as noted above, it was in the trailer.

Overall, I would say two out of five stars on this one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: