Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Eat Pray Love

Author Topic: Eat Pray Love
Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-20-2010 10:10 AM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Showing: 2:15 pm, 8/19/10
Theatre: Century Greenback, Auditorium 14, Citrus Heights, CA
Projection: glorious 35mm film, a bit of emulsion towards the end
Sound: Dolby Digital

From the daughter of the great Waldo Salt and her "Gleeful" production partner...

They've replaced their street signage to advertise their Cinemark XD auditorium, however when I asked for an opening date, none of the floor staff knew what XD was. Great marketing plan.

I thought my special lady friend was forcing me to accompany her to a chick flick, but it turned out to be the perfect film for anybody who's pissed off with life and wants to make a change. It felt very much like an episode of nip/tuck. In fact, if Sean MacNamara were to have gender reassignment surgery, he would end up as Julia Roberts in ths flick.

Ryan Murphy's top-notch writing (with Jennifer Salt) and directing is supplemented by some great "Big Chill" caliber acting, best of which is Richard Jenkins in an Oscar-worthy performance as a man looking for the truth who discovers he is only hiding from it. Robert Richardson proves again why he is one of the best cinematographers in the business, highlighting everything from Italian food to the Balinese countryside and an Indian wedding in pristine beauty.

During the last third of the film, I kept concerning myself with how big Javier Bardem's head was and how uncomfortable it would look if he kissed Julia Roberts. I was right.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: