Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Girl Who Played with Fire (Flickan som lekte med elden ) 2009

Author Topic: The Girl Who Played with Fire (Flickan som lekte med elden ) 2009
Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2010 05:24 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had no desire to see the first in this series (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo) but ended up watching it at a friends house. I instantly loved it and was mad that I didn't get to see it in the theatre. Went and checked out the sequel as soon as possible and was not disappointed. While I feel the sequel is not quite as good as the first, it stands good on its own. The actors and actresses fit great in their respective roles.

My only real concern is that as this movie goes on they start to make Lisbeth into a super spy type character. Though they calm it down a little towards the end.

4/5 [thumbsup]

|  IP: Logged

Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-12-2010 09:06 PM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Folks:

Seen both the fist and second installment. Both excellent. Cant's wait until the third and final installment.

Mike

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-12-2010 11:59 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got the first and the second in 35mm sharing an auditorium right now. Both still do the business and people seem to love this shit. The main actress (Naomi Rapeface) makes my eyeballs weep, though.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-15-2010 03:59 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed, shes not very attractive in the films. But take a look at her in non Lisbeth form and she is quiet stunning.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-15-2010 10:24 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Better, yes. But still... pass. Can you say "mosquito bites"?

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2010 03:45 AM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey world, take notice: It's not just Hollywood that knocks out sequels & trilogies cheaply! [Razz]

When compared to the first, this one is fairly poorly done. It had a rushed feel to it. (not to the story, but to the production) I still enjoyed it, but not as much as the first.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2010 05:41 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Agree completely Jeremy, you can tell that there was a different director on this one then the first one. Way different feel overall.

Jussi Siponen
Film Handler

- posted 08-17-2010 10:19 AM      Profile for Jussi Siponen   Email Jussi Siponen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told "The Girl Who Played with Fire" and "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest" were never meant for cinema - they were shot for TV.

That's why the production is not up to par with "Dragon tattoo".

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 08-17-2010 04:03 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's why they are flat and Tattoo was scope.

Gunnar Asgeirsson
Film Handler

- posted 09-29-2010 12:39 AM      Profile for Gunnar Asgeirsson   Author's Homepage   Email Gunnar Asgeirsson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say that i am lucky. I have met Noomi Rapace, she came here to Iceland from Sweden to the premiere last year.

That is correct, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo was shot for cinema, The Girl Who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest was supposed to go directly to television. Thats the reason why only The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo is scope and the other two is Flat.

If you guys are using prints from Nordisk film, be careful with them. They are not to good! The SRD eats itself up and you will end up with showing the print in SR only. That happens with every print/movie we get from nordisk film (dosnt matther what projector or what cinema get it) the SRD just wont stay [Smile]

Ian Parfrey
Phenomenal Film Handler

From: Imbil Australia 26 deg 27' 42.66" S 152 deg 42' 23.40" E

- posted 09-29-2010 04:15 AM      Profile for Ian Parfrey   Email Ian Parfrey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe.

Therein lies your problematic sticking print of "Tattoo". Beware the Nordisk film prints.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: