Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » STEP UP 3-D

Author Topic: STEP UP 3-D
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 08-08-2010 10:38 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As a person who love good 3-D, I heard STEP UP 3-D was photographed with a camera system called Fusion and the reviews had said it was good. That review also said the film was mindless and scored very low. I took a chance and saw the movie today at the Regal Pearl Highland in Pearl City in Real D and I am glad I did. Not only did I enjoy the fantastic 3-D but also the film. Yes, it was a mindless movie but it was extremely entertaining. It featured a simple story about a rivalry between two dance groups and a competition at the end as well as a love affair of the two principle couples in the movie. The 3-D throughout the film was excellent but the competition and the end credits was awesome. The Real D presentation at the Regal Pearl Highland was fantastic with a nice bright picture. even with the Poloroid glasses. There is no way the movie will win any acting awards but I was totally entertained by the movie.

4 out 5 Stars.

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Joe Elliott
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2010 01:39 AM      Profile for Joe Elliott   Email Joe Elliott   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with you. I was not going to post a review, as I did not get to see all of it, duty called, but I saw maybe 45 minutes of it, and if you are going to make a mediocre movie in 3D, that is certainly the way to do it. The first dance battle has some of the best 3D I have seen. It reminded me of watching Pink Floyd's the Wall, only in 3D. Can't say much on the plot, but the 3D was excellent.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2010 04:56 AM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The plot and acting is about as generic as you can get, but the 3D is possibly the best live action 3D that has been released so far. The Dancing is cool, and works with the 3D very well.

Movie 1.5/5 [thumbsup]

3D and Dancing 5/5 [thumbsup]

Also Chadd Smith is one of the sickest "Dancers" in the movie, he looks like a freaking robot covered in skin. "Madd" Chadd man or robot?

Ross Oba
Expert Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2010 12:58 PM      Profile for Ross Oba   Email Ross Oba   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't watch the whole movie yet, but from what I've seen it is the best display of 3D since Avatar. Also, the soundtrack pumps.

David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 08-09-2010 07:27 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw this announced earlier, I thought, "now there's a perfect vehicle for 3-D". I have yet to see a 3-D film that gained anything from being 3-D, but if you're going to use it, you may as well have the best "gimmick" around.

-David

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: