Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Killer Inside Me

Author Topic: The Killer Inside Me
Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-19-2010 12:31 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Showing: 8:30 pm, 7/18/10
Theatre: Crest Theatre, Auditorium 2, Sacramento, CA
Projection: glorious 35mm film, pristine print
Sound: digital

From the director who brought you the touching family drama "24 Hour Party People..."

Casey Affleck is a genious at mumbling onscreen, which makes his character seem even more realistic and mennacing.

This film is equal parts Todd Solondz, Tarantino, and Joel Coen. It's very disturbing. If you take moral offense at Roman Polanski, agree with every decree to come from the Vatican, can't accept Ned Beatty as a serious actor since he squealed like a pig, or don't have a strong stomach, this is not the film for you. You're better off renting something lighter like 8mm or American Psycho.

This film is one of Winterbottom's best. It was based on the pulp fiction novel by Jim Thompson, but steeped in realism. Unlike American Psycho, there was no question about the violence that Affleck's character wrought and there were no fantasy segments where he dreamt of killing someone. When he killed, he simply killed.

The film goes into graphic detail about what turned him into the kind of man he ended up as. This can be very disturbing to some, especially the scenes of child rape. Winterbottom makes you absolutely hate the main character, but at the same time, you end up relating to him and liking him. Filmmaking at its best. Overall, the film contains enough Hitchcockian plot twists and red herrings that the plot successfully twists in directions you never saw coming.

One final note: either Jessica Alba or her body double has the most gorgeous bare ass I've ever seen on screen.

Rating: 4.7 out of 5
Pure sexiness of Jessica Alba and Kate Hudson in this film: 11

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: