Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Sorcerers Apprentice 2010

Author Topic: Sorcerers Apprentice 2010
Steve Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-14-2010 11:27 PM      Profile for Steve Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched this today in a indoor theater just 10 miles from my Drive In Theater. I liked the movie a good deal and so did the audience. The color looked pretty good. When I ran my copy, the first 5 reels seemed to be hard slanted to the GREEN color side. Fire was Green, faces were green. In the last reel the color jumped back to where it should have been. Red/yellow fire and skin tones that looked normal. The question is should I or should I not call Technocolor and ask for a new print? Is this a problem that happends from time to time or is it all me.

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 07-14-2010 11:54 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be asking for a replacement for the green reels.

Tony Gallimore
Expert Film Handler

- posted 07-16-2010 10:13 PM      Profile for Tony Gallimore   Email Tony Gallimore   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw it at the local 14 screener. I enjoyed the movie itself very much... lots of action and eye candy. The biggest complaint I have would be the scratches. I don't mean just one, but it almost looked like they were running the print over a piece of sandpaper. For a new print it was really in bad condition. Probably a ploy of Disney (crappy prints) to bring digital to the forefront whether we like it or not.

Sam Graham
AKA: "The Evil Sam Graham". Wackiness ensues.

- posted 07-24-2010 07:24 PM      Profile for Sam Graham   Author's Homepage   Email Sam Graham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CINEMA: 13th Avenue Warren, Wichita, KS
AUDITORIUM: 18
PRESENTATION: Dolby Digital Cinema DLP/THX
PRESENTATION PROBLEMS: None [Cool]
RATING: Two stars (out of four)

THE PLOT: A dork pees his pants. Wackiness ensues.

Wow was this dumb. And it didn't help that the lead dork was really unlikeable. His constant whining and general random noises were beyond annoying. And any movie with actual fart sounds can't be of any real quality anyway.

The (really bad) pop songs early in the movie had no low end to them whatsoever...it was like the subwoofers weren't working. The orchestral soundtrack and sound effects had no such issues.

Some decent effects and Cage was okay. That's about it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: