Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Last Airbender (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Last Airbender
Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2010 03:53 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Movie: Sucked
3-D Effect: Really, REALLY Sucked
Movie Tavern Pizza: Very, very good. Made the movie almost worthwhile.

Why do we have to end movies now with sequel bait? I truly hope this is REALLY the Last Airbender, and we don't see it's sorry likes again.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 07-01-2010 06:33 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They could make a prequel and call it "The Next-To-Last Airbender."

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2010 07:38 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Movie: Sucked
3D Effect: Sucked
Light Output: Sucked
Sound: Great

Monte L Fullmer
Film God

- posted 07-01-2010 08:53 PM      Profile for Monte L Fullmer   Email Monte L Fullmer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
..more tolerable to watch the film version than the 3D version of this tanker.

M. Night S. needs to pick up the beat some so he can get with the program to make better picts.

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-01-2010 09:38 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, this movie is horrible. The dialogue drove me crazy and in all the close up scenes on the avatar kid he was constantly flaring his nostrils as if he could smell that this was going to be a stinker. [thumbsdown]

Darryl Spicer
Film God

- posted 07-02-2010 02:15 AM      Profile for Darryl Spicer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like I said in another thread I liked the film and found it interesting. I saw it in 2-D...the way to go on this one. It was 3:00 am when I watched it so I could have been in a daze at the time. I think the visuals were well done in 2-D of course. If M. Night wants to make a film that critics will really like he needs to stop writing them. At least I thought it was better than the last 3 films he did.

**1/2 stars out of 4.

Mark J. Marshall
Film God

- posted 07-02-2010 12:12 PM      Profile for Mark J. Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Isn't this movie based on a comic book, or a cartoon, or a commercial or something? Is it that THAT story sucks, or this telling of it sucks, or both or what?

Jeremy Weigel
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2010 12:24 PM      Profile for Jeremy Weigel   Email Jeremy Weigel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its based on a comic book and had a cartoon adaptation. I've not read or watched either. The premise of the story is good, but the script and acting is bad. I found myself laughing at the lame dialogue. Oh, and there is waaaaaay too much slow motion with the fight scenes.

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2010 01:06 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The 3-D version is almost watchable without the glasses. They have done a very poor job of separating the images to generate the 3-D effect. Almost all of the action takes place with NO separation at all, looking much like the 2-D version would look. The backgrounds are only slightly out of focus. Any of you who are running the 3-D version should take a look at the screen randomly and you will see most of the image very clearly.

James Westbrook
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2010 02:21 PM      Profile for James Westbrook   Email James Westbrook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I understand this is M. Night's first stint as "Director for hire." I sincerely hope this is the last movie that he has ever had anything to do with.

Chris Slycord
Film God

- posted 07-02-2010 03:16 PM      Profile for Chris Slycord   Email Chris Slycord   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: James Westbrook
I understand this is M. Night's first stint as "Director for hire."
The movie was also written by him (and him alone), assuming imdb is to be trusted. So I think he was more than just a "director for hire."

Robert Crabtree
Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2010 03:33 PM      Profile for Robert Crabtree   Email Robert Crabtree   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The only good thing I can say about his last movie, The Happening, is that it inspired the drawing by Michael Gonzalez in his review of that turd. What the killer should have looked like.

Haven't seen Airbender yet, but I can still hope it inspires another awesome picture.

Kurt Zupin
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2010 03:49 PM      Profile for Kurt Zupin   Email Kurt Zupin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The scroll has it as Written, Produced, and Directed by M. Night Shyamalan

This movie was just utter crap. He has gotten worse and worse with every movie. If he would of just come on and Directed it and left the script alone we probably would of gotten a half way decent film. But instead he had to come and put his "Stamp" of shitty dialogue on it. A 2x4 has more emotion and better delivery then these kids do.

Worst movie I've seen this year hands down.

0 out of 5 [thumbsup]

David E. Nedrow
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2010 07:41 PM      Profile for David E. Nedrow   Author's Homepage   Email David E. Nedrow   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Monte L Fullmer
..more tolerable to watch the film version than the 3D version of this tanker.

M. Night S. needs to pick up the beat some so he can get with the program to make better picts.

I'm not sure he has a choice any longer. He's made so many bad movies at this point, that I don't know if could get financing for anything other than a "blockbuster" -- such as it is.

He has been called to pay a bill that Lucas should be sent as well.

-David

Joseph L. Kleiman
Master Film Handler

- posted 07-02-2010 09:02 PM      Profile for Joseph L. Kleiman   Email Joseph L. Kleiman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How peer review works: I go to my local cineplex to see Last Airbender in 3D because it looks like it will be an enjoyable ride. On a whim, while waiting in line for tickets, I go online on my phone and look at the projectionist reviews on Film-Tech.com. I buy tickets to see A-Team instead. Thanks for all your input.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: