Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Shrek Forever After (2010)

Author Topic: Shrek Forever After (2010)
Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-30-2010 02:33 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't quite understand the hype of the first one, the second one was a bit better, and the third one didn't do much for me at all. The trailers for this fourth one didn't really sell me, but I was killing some time near my theatre, and this was just starting, so I decided to check it out. I was very surprised that I quite enjoyed it. I don't know if it was the very low expectations or what...

Oh, I guess I should mention, I saw it digital Real D 3D. I'd have to check my records, but I'm pretty sure the 2001 Shrek was my first D-cinema experience.

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 05-31-2010 09:58 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also had low expectations for this but we watched it the other night and I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. Not an animation classic by any means but a good time killer.

The story has been done about a zillion times and reminded me of about a half-dozen Bewitched episodes from the 1960s, where Samantha gets sent back to some olden-days time period and Endora sends Darrin back to rescue her, but she doesn't know him so he has to make her fall in love and kiss him to get back to the present.

Surprisingly, Eddie Murphy made this movie. I thought he was mostly annoying in the 2nd one -- I never saw the 3rd.

3 out of 5 stars from me.

Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2010 12:32 AM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Jeremy Jorgenson
I was killing some time
quote: Mike Blakesley
good time killer
...and it all worked out!

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 06-01-2010 02:17 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Took my cousin to see it for his birthday. Glad he enjoyed it, because I thought it was awful. Just didn't have the "Shrek-ness" that the first and some of the second had.

Lyle Romer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-09-2010 11:15 AM      Profile for Lyle Romer   Email Lyle Romer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what I missed but I thought this was pretty aweful. There were a few somewhat humorous moments. The story was even more predictable then normally predictable animated plots. I'm glad I saw it in 35mm so that I could keep track of time with reel changes.

1 Star out of 5 from me

Demetris Thoupis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 08-30-2010 12:28 AM      Profile for Demetris Thoupis   Email Demetris Thoupis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw it in 35mm and not in 3D. It's not a bad movie but is not a good one either. Shrek 2 was the best by far in my opinion. It does have the funny "I want to smirk" moments and some others but not to the extend of others. This one was more an adult themed Shrek and not a family orientated one in my opinion.
Demetris

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: