Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Author Topic: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2010 10:00 PM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this very good mystery this afternoon in San Francisco. This is a sweedish film about a male reporter and a female computer hacker who investigate the 40 year old dissapearance of a young woman. The films ran 150 minutes was was entertaining and intrigueing. The film is subtitled and playing in limited cities.

Mike

|  IP: Logged

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-02-2010 10:15 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have this at my theater, and while it doesn't look very interesting to me (the goth chick is an eyesore) it is doing very well, even amongst the old people.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-02-2010 11:03 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Same here.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-02-2010 11:29 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
They even subtitled it into Australian? Wow!

Ron Curran
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 04-02-2010 11:40 PM      Profile for Ron Curran   Author's Homepage   Email Ron Curran   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Too right, cobber! The Sheila With The Gekko Deco.

Clint Koch
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2010 12:18 AM      Profile for Clint Koch   Email Clint Koch   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron,

To freakin funny!!!!

Thanks for the laugh!. I needed it! More than you will ever know.

Clint

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 04-03-2010 01:37 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ron...good one. Can I use that one? [thumbsup]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 04-03-2010 11:07 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is great Ron!

Elise Brandt
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2010 11:15 AM      Profile for Elise Brandt   Email Elise Brandt   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Ron, I'm going to use that one as well.

Funny enough, this was the first digital movie at our theater more than a year ago. It did very well in Finland and Sweden, and seems to have launched a wave of Swedish crime novels done into movies. We're showing one now, opened yesterday. Based on a book by Jens Lapidus.

I can recommend the books behind the dragon tattoo thing, you can find them in English at any online bookstore (by Stieg Larsson). Very entertaining. I do have to say, on "the girl with the dragon tattoo" the movie... audience members did walk out because of a few of the scenes that were... rough. Women especially. Are we just faint of heart?

Mike Croaro
Master Film Handler

- posted 04-03-2010 12:12 PM      Profile for Mike Croaro   Email Mike Croaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Greetings again:

When I first saw the goth woman in the picture ads I thought "What the hell kind of a movie is this"? But after reading the reviews and description I became interested in the storyline. I really enjoyed it and it is much better than any like films made in Hollywood.

Art house crouds won't be bothered by the violence - we're conditioned to difficult subject matter. The "Hollywood audience"......

Mike

Peter Castle
Expert Film Handler

- posted 04-07-2010 11:46 PM      Profile for Peter Castle   Email Peter Castle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elise,
Thanks for confirming that in Europe the movie was available in d-cinema. I'd seen it on lists for England as digital. Here in Australia, we have a choice of 35mm (with a long wait to get the limited number of prints) or e-cinema at 1.3K. I know why these small companies don't do DCI (so few art-house cinemas have d-cinema, but many provincials have e-cinema) but at least they could have done 2K HD. I guess we'll just wait for the film version - could be months.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: