Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » VALENTINE'S DAY (2010)

Author Topic: VALENTINE'S DAY (2010)
Claude S. Ayakawa
Film God

- posted 02-21-2010 10:38 PM      Profile for Claude S. Ayakawa   Author's Homepage   Email Claude S. Ayakawa   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Julia Roberts, Bradley Cooper, Shirley McLain, Anne Hattaway, Jessica Alba, Kathy Bates, Aston Kutcher, Jessica Biel, Eric Dane, Patrick Dempsey, Hector Elizondo, Jamile Fox, Jennifer Garner, Queen Latifah, etc. etc, etc! There were more movie stars in this movie than in heaven and that is why I thought VALENTINE'S DAY was a big mess! The story takes place on that day and involves the love affairs of the people these stars play and as far as I was concerned none of them was very interesting. I love Frank Marshall films including PRETTY WOMAN and THE PRINCESS DARIES but this film was very boring. As I had mentioned many times, I rarely see movies in a theatre anymore and prefer waiting for them to come out on Blu-Ray a few months later but I just had to get out of the house because of the personal loss I had suffered exactly two weeks ago today. I felt a good laugh would be a wonderful relief but this movie did not make me laugh at all. The movie was also technically sloppy especially the scenes involving Julia Roberts and Bradley Cooper in a airplane. THey show the exterior of the plane as a 747 but the interior looks like a single aisle B757.

0/5

-Claude

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 02-21-2010 10:48 PM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Search bait = Valentine's Day (correct title)

This movie is no masterpiece by any means, but to be fair it isn't really billed as a comedy. I haven't watched it but my wife liked it "all right," which usually translates into about a 2 out of 5 for me.

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: