Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » New Moon (2009)

Author Topic: New Moon (2009)
Jeremy Jorgenson
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 11-22-2009 07:47 PM      Profile for Jeremy Jorgenson   Author's Homepage   Email Jeremy Jorgenson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So, the film opens with the title New Moon and closes with the title Twilight Saga New Moon, yet all the promotional materials have the title as The Twilight Saga: New Moon... odd. So I decided to title the subject with the first title on screen, which is also the title of the book.

As the prints showed up too late for me to build/screen on Wednesday, and were screened before I got to work on Thursday, I ended up going to see this Saturday night with my sister at the theatre near where she lives, and we [gasp]
Spoiler Alert - Click to Toggle

I've read the books, wasn't super impressed, neither was I "super impressed" with the first film. But... I thought this was quite a few steps up from Twilight. Good for what it is. Taylor Lautner's physical transformation between the shooting of the first two films is quite impressive too.

I'm surprised more hasn't been made that director Chris Weitz is the grandson of Lupita Tovar, who was in the "other" 1931 Universal Studios Dracula ... I mean, vampires are vampires, right?

|  IP: Logged

Mike Blakesley
Film God

- posted 11-23-2009 11:17 AM      Profile for Mike Blakesley   Author's Homepage   Email Mike Blakesley   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well if the book is simply titled "New Moon" you can attribute that "twilight" reference to the marketing department. They just want to make sure everyone knows the movie is out there.

George Lucas did a similar thing when he retitled "Raiders of the Lost Ark" to "Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark" for a video release a while back.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 11-23-2009 02:54 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah...that was a great move. [Roll Eyes]

At least they didn't change the actual title on screen. [thumbsup]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: