Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Halloween II

Author Topic: Halloween II
Pravin Ratnam
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2009 08:37 AM      Profile for Pravin Ratnam   Email Pravin Ratnam   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually liked the remake of the first one even if it met with criticism by man. But the second one is forgettable. I am a little jaded by the whole psycho babble with the illusion stuff , the white horse and whatever. Just an excuse for Rob Zombie to show off his wife.
Also, Scout Compton who acted as Laurie has a really ANNOYING voice when she is speaking when crying. Oh my god, they should have recast her instead of the kid who played young Michael Myers.

|  IP: Logged

Andy Bajew
Expert Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2009 04:50 PM      Profile for Andy Bajew   Email Andy Bajew   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know who feels the same about this, but since I was young enough to work the VCR myself, I have been watching the original Halloween by John Carpenter himself and it really seems like Michael Myers slowly loses his mysterious yet horrifying look as the movie keeps being recreated.

Michael Myers used to be all about him popping out of nowhere and you can barely see anything but his mask, leaving you with that mysterious appeal I keep referring to. Now it seems like they work too hard to show the entire Michael and not the mysterious Michael he originally was.

Halloween films aren't what they used to be.

Jonathan Althaus
Master Film Handler

- posted 09-01-2009 06:02 PM      Profile for Jonathan Althaus   Email Jonathan Althaus   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but the crunching of bones and spewing of blood was great in this one.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: