Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Transformers 2009 (can't be bothered with the full title) (Page 1)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Transformers 2009 (can't be bothered with the full title)
Justin Gorka
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2009 03:49 PM      Profile for Justin Gorka   Email Justin Gorka   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic...does what it says on the can!.". 5 hours of pure fun. Won't win an Oscar, but who gives a shit.....great, 4.5/5.
If you don't like this one you must be brain dead!

|  IP: Logged

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 06-17-2009 03:57 PM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Revenge Of The Fallen. You're right, that was way too hard. [Eek!]

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-17-2009 05:17 PM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Justin Gorka
Are you sure you don't mean the exact opposite?

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-17-2009 05:32 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am sure it will be eye candy that will rot your brain making all who watch to hard brain dead!

Caleb Johnstone-Cowan
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2009 06:53 PM      Profile for Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Email Caleb Johnstone-Cowan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw this on Tuesday evening, as Justin says it's what you'd expect, great big CGI robots smashing each other up and Megan Fox looking hot. The plot was pretty decent for this kind of film, some of the origins of the Transformers are explored and the action set-pieces are sandwiched between comic relief and Megan Fox doing her thing. Just get the biggest Coke and Popcorn and enjoy! Some people hate these silly action epics and that's fine, but it is great to just switch off for three hours and have some mindless fun.

Geoff Jones
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2009 08:18 PM      Profile for Geoff Jones   Author's Homepage   Email Geoff Jones   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

What if I've already decided not to see it?

Victor Liorentas
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 06-18-2009 09:16 PM      Profile for Victor Liorentas   Email Victor Liorentas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I actually love this type of action spectacle!
If Michael Bay had a grasp of how to direct like his heroes James Cameron and Steven Spielberg it would be great!

In my opinion, he has dummy downed the action genre to 12 year old levels.
His choices always take me out of the story. [Roll Eyes]

Steve Wilson
Expert Film Handler

- posted 06-21-2009 11:58 PM      Profile for Steve Wilson   Author's Homepage   Email Steve Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Megan FoX! What Eye Candy for sure!

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-22-2009 12:04 AM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I called "not it" on this turd months ago. No way will I sit through this retarded piece of Michael Bay poo.

Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 06-22-2009 11:42 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like you have time to be at a theater doing grunt work!

Ed Alvarado
Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2009 06:34 PM      Profile for Ed Alvarado   Author's Homepage   Email Ed Alvarado   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
man this movie was just not what i hope for it to be. it was a bit mature at times but man the cheesy lines and the whole college thing with his mom was just STUPID. and whats with the ghetto twin bots? did they go to south central la to find those robots?

Chris Hipp
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-23-2009 07:17 PM      Profile for Chris Hipp   Email Chris Hipp   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh, I dunno. The action sequences were pretty good, although in the opening scenes, the robots seemed to have a California Raisins look about how they moved. Too long and too much love story, but entertaining overall.

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted 06-23-2009 07:29 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
I still say this is dogshit on reels...and Roger Ebert (who has seen it) agrees:

quote:
"Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" is a horrible experience of unbearable length, briefly punctuated by three or four amusing moments. One of these involves a dog-like robot humping the leg of the heroine. Such are the meager joys. If you want to save yourself the ticket price, go into the kitchen, cue up a male choir singing the music of hell, and get a kid to start banging pots and pans together. Then close your eyes and use your imagination.
His full review here.

John Henry
Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2009 02:15 AM      Profile for John Henry   Email John Henry   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do agree it was way to long...at least Dreamworks put in the correct fader settings 82db-85db. Maybe this is the wrong spot for this but who got the black or silver locks, my two prints had both black

David Alexander B
Film Handler

- posted 06-24-2009 04:12 AM      Profile for David Alexander B   Author's Homepage   Email David Alexander B   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
as Bay said he shot it as it was the last opus. a 3 is not planned
anyway disappointed by the sound in the theater, perhaps level not correct but also something with the subs
STAR TREK and T SALVATION were absolute reference sound experience with tight impressive bass and crips mediums highs.
anyone's opinion on the sound of TFORMERS 2 ?
again a noisy super 35 (is it ?) image at times as with the first one. (3DLP DIGITAL)
some very funny moments. last sequence is nice. too long i agree.
STAR TREK AND T SALVATION were more "impressive" new of course.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: