Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Martyrs (2008)

Author Topic: Martyrs (2008)
Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-06-2009 06:34 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Garmatorium, South Bend, IN
DVD upscaled on PS3, Dolby Digital 5.1
Presentation: [thumbsup] Of course my home theatre rocks!

This is one fucked up movie, but it was AWESOME! As my friend put who I watched it with, it's really kind of a few films in one. The 3 acts in the film are so interestingly broken up, you film like you are watching several different films. Some really frightening moments at the beginning too.

This is how horror movies should be done. Watching someone bash another's skull in until it mushes is a sight you don't see often in cinema, and let me tell you, it's intsense.

Make sure to crank up your faders too...great soundmix. Just make sure to avoid the English dub, and lisening to it in its native French.

IMDB Listing

I was worried we'd see an American remake when searching IMDB and found multiple listings. The other one, however, is another movie entirely but just as twisted. Here's the description:

Four people, each representing one of the major fast food chains, lock themselves in a house and eat only the food on their respective menus to see which fast food chain will kill you first

Martys (2009)

AJG

|  IP: Logged

Frank Angel
Film God

- posted 06-12-2009 10:37 AM      Profile for Frank Angel   Author's Homepage   Email Frank Angel   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Watching someone bash another's skull in until it mushes is a sight you don't see often in cinema,
There's probably a good reason for that, don't you think?

Aaron Garman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 06-14-2009 10:38 PM      Profile for Aaron Garman   Email Aaron Garman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, probably. [Big Grin]

AJG

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: