Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Night at the Museum II: Battle at the Smithsonian

Author Topic: Night at the Museum II: Battle at the Smithsonian
Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-23-2009 04:26 PM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not as good as the first one.

Hank Azaria sounded like Stewie Griffin throughout this movie and it became quite annoying!

2/5 stars......

|  IP: Logged

Sally Ann Burgess
Expert Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2009 06:51 AM      Profile for Sally Ann Burgess   Email Sally Ann Burgess   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THAT'S who Hank Azaria sounded like! Thanks. Been trying to place the voice for a couple of days now. The movie was pretty lame but Azaria did make me laugh a couple of times. Would have liked to have seen more of Ricky Gervais though.
2.5/5

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2009 02:45 PM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Azaria sounds exactly like Boris Karlof from THE MUMMY. It is a near perfect impression.

Lots going on here. Pay special attention to the artwork in the art museum. I especially liked the Jackson Pollack.

This is a fun movie...nothing that will be long remembered, but still a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours. Lots of funny details for the adults to catch and some good chases for the kids.

Give this one a solid B+.

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2009 05:13 PM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My six year old son and I really enjoyed the film.

For a movie shot on the 4k red camera, the film had a lot of grain.

John Koutsoumis
Master Film Handler

- posted 05-24-2009 07:53 PM      Profile for John Koutsoumis   Email John Koutsoumis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm didn't see any real grain when I saw the trailer at Hoyts (digital) IMAX. Looked fairly good but not as good as Star Trek.

John Wilson
Film God

- posted 05-25-2009 02:56 AM      Profile for John Wilson   Email John Wilson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's amazing...being that it was IMAX and all. [Razz]

Cameron Glendinning
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2009 03:34 AM      Profile for Cameron Glendinning   Email Cameron Glendinning   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well John if you see the movie, the opening shots look like they are trying to recreate the old 1960's italian spagetti western 2 perf superscope look.

Dennis Benjamin
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 05-25-2009 11:20 AM      Profile for Dennis Benjamin   Author's Homepage   Email Dennis Benjamin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote: Mark Lensenmayer
Azaria sounds exactly like Boris Karlof from THE MUMMY. It is a near perfect impression.
I am glad to hear that there was a reason that he sounded this way and in a way I am sorry that I am not that old to know that.

I have actually seen this movie twice now. Being that I have 3 kids of my own and that I am now stepfather to 3 more - I had to see this twice.

The kids love this movie and it kept their attention. So I'd like to add one more star to my original review.

[Wink]

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: