Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Let the Right One In (Swedish 2008)

Author Topic: Let the Right One In (Swedish 2008)
Jonathan M. Crist
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted 03-06-2009 11:11 PM      Profile for Jonathan M. Crist   Email Jonathan M. Crist   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am surprised no one has written about this one yet. The video is due out soon.

Dark and dreamlike, this revenge fantasy about Oskar a bullied 12 year old boy who finds love and revenge through Eli a beautiful but peculiar girl (who just happens to be a vampire) bears more than a passing resemblence in tone and spirit to Pan's Labyrinth. Made with visual flair, creative directing, and stunning performances by the two young leads (neither of whom had ever been before a camera before) it is destined to become one of those movies that 20 years from now (when the Twilight series has been long forgotten) will be hailed as seminal, groundbreaking and ahead of its time. (Semi-spoiler: The swimming pool scene will be copied for years to come).

4 1/2 stars out of 5

Sadly there is already an American remake in the offing.

[ 03-07-2009, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Jonathan M. Crist ]

|  IP: Logged

Chris Iacofano
Film Handler

- posted 10-13-2009 12:08 PM      Profile for Chris Iacofano   Author's Homepage   Email Chris Iacofano   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This was one of my favorite films that played in my theater in the last year. That swimming pool scene was absolutely brilliant!

We kicked off a video review series with this film. A little something extra to put on the theater website in addition to the usual trailers.
Reel Time Reviews - Let the Right One In

|  IP: Logged

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: