Film-Tech Cinema Systems
Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE

my profile | my password | search | faq & rules | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Film-Tech Forum ARCHIVE   » Community   » Film Handlers' Movie Reviews   » Last Chance Harvey

Author Topic: Last Chance Harvey
Joe Redifer
You need a beating today

- posted 03-01-2009 01:29 AM      Profile for Joe Redifer   Author's Homepage   Email Joe Redifer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw Last Chance Harvey today and I am awed beyond all comprehension. What an amazing movie! Dustin Hoffman plays Last Chance Harvey, a no-nonsense renegade crime-fighting purveyor of justice who gives his subjects one "last chance" to right their wrongs before he does away with them, thus earning him the nickname "Last Chance" Harvey. Suffice it to say that his victims rarely make good on their last chance and therefore Harvey must dish out due punishment with swift, striking and extremely bloody results. Last Chance Harvey is busy sweeping up the crime-ridden streets of London this time, doing the job the police and government fear to do. He has no jurisdiction whatsoever as righteousness is his one and only concern. When he's not busy defeating the world's most dangerous evildoers including terrorists, kidnappers and shoplifters, Last Chance Harvey wails on his tricked-out Fender Strat and shreds some really wicked hardcore tunes.

-
Don't mess with Last Chance Harvey or he
will kick your ass from here to Sunday.

The bad guys have really done it this time. They've kidnapped the world's most valued elementary school teacher (played by Emma Thompson) and are holding her for ransom. This does not please Last Chance Harvey. Not one bit. You see, this teacher is very special. It just so happens to be the only woman that Last Chance Harvey ever loved. The only woman he could ever love in ten lifetimes. Now it is personal. Very personal! Last Chance Harvey takes us on a thrill ride of epic proportions as he offs bad guys left and right, bringing peace and virtue back to the rotting city. You know Harvey will save the day and rescue his squeeze, but what you DON'T know is how much fun it will be to watch him accomplish his deadly mission! This is hardcore action-fest filmmaking at its finest. Do not see this movie if you have any kind of heart condition because you WILL die from the sheer intensity! It is actually guaranteed on the poster.

-
Danger is lurking about. But Last Chance
Harvey is even more dangerous!

Last Chance Harvey is presented exclusively in Ultra IMAX Cinerama. That is 5 IMAX screens each 80 stories tall side by side with 5 280mm 80-perf prints running simultaneously. This movie demands such a large screen area. To see it on anything smaller would be a crime severe enough that Last Chance Harvey himself might need to take you out. No fewer than 100,000 auditorium seats per showtime are sufficient for this massive blockbuster. There are many disappointed moviegoers that are turned away each time, even when people camp out for months in advance to partake in the glory that is this movie. The subwoofer presence in this movie makes Sensurround seem like a broken telephone speaker from 1932 by comparison. It is THAT amazing! There are 28 different discrete surround channels with 30 speakers each used in this movie and they are always on, each blasting 108db at each seat every single second. There are a total of 58 discrete channels behind the screen which also enhance the movie, but they are also sometimes used for pointless things that nobody cares about, like dialog. All and all this movie is as much of a technical experience in both filmmaking and presentation as it is in pure, raw, adrenalizing action! Highly recommended!!!! 128 out of 5 stars.

-
You just know that Last Chance Harvey will get laid
after rescuing his woman from the clutches of evil.

I don't want to list any spoilers, but the ending to Last Chance Harvey leaves the door for a sequel wide open. It's a good thing, too, considering that the sequel is already in production. Harvey will have an even greater challenge next time. So you can start looking forward to the next summer blockbuster: Last Chance Harvey 2 - Harvey's Last Chance. I can't wait!!!

|  IP: Logged

Jennifer Pan
THE JEN!

- posted 03-01-2009 02:29 AM      Profile for Jennifer Pan   Author's Homepage   Email Jennifer Pan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Makes me wish I watched it with you!! [eyes]

Mark Lensenmayer
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted 03-01-2009 09:30 AM      Profile for Mark Lensenmayer   Email Mark Lensenmayer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gosh, Joe, my local Ultra Imax ran a totally different film by that name. What I saw was a charming and sweet grown-up story of two people finding each other. And, yes, I have a HUGE weakness for Emma Thompson...she's been a favorite since THE TALL GUY.

OH, now I understand...Joe, you saw the Ultra Imax CINERAMA version...I saw the Ultra Imax Director's Cut. That explains it.

All times are Central (GMT -6:00)  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To: